Date:      Sun, 4 May 2014 20:17:21 -0400
From:      Thomas Hoffmann <trh411@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Franci Nabalanci <lumiwa@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: gimp

On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Ajtim <lumiwa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> My system:
> FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p2 #0: Tue Apr 29 17:06:01 UTC 2014     root@amd64-
> builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
> KDE 4.12.4
>
> I have and I use GIMP 2.8.10. When I start it (in console) I got an error
> message:
> GEGL-geglmodule.c-Message: Module '/usr/local/lib/gegl-0.2/ff-load.so' load
> error: /usr/local/lib/gegl-0.2/ff-load.so: Undefined symbol
> "av_open_input_file"
>
> GIMP works o.k.
>
> Idid reinstall gegl and gimp but it is the same.

I have gimp and gegl installed here as well, but do not see this problem. I
did not select the FFMPEG option when installing gegl and I do not  have
/usr/local/lib/gegl-0.2/ff-load.so on my system.

Check to see if you have FFMPEG option selected for gegl using 'pkg info
gegl'. If so, try re-installing multimedia/ffmpeg and possibly gegl again.

-Tom