Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2001 21:39:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@server1.wallnet.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PERC 3 Dell 2500 and FreeBSD 4.3 stable

Thanks to everyone for their input.

This morning I was able to configure the RAID 5 logical drive 3 x 36 gig
drives for a 72 gig logical drive --67 gig and change actually, the hd
overhead chewed up > 4 gig.

The boot disks from the 7/21/01 snapshot from releng4.freebsd.org worked
like a charm and, after cvsupping the sources (I know, a somewhat
hazardous procedure in a code freeze), I was able to compile an SMP kernel
that supported both the machine's processors.  I installed and ran the
dnetc client just so I could watch the CPU's switch back in forth in a top
screen. :-)  FreeBSD on this machine makes for one snappy server.

Thanks again for all your help.

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT