Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:48:25 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Joe Warner <rootman22@attbi.com>
Cc:        Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, Linh Pham <question@daemonnews.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs Linux For Managers Part 2

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 09:05:00PM -0700, Joe Warner wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 14:58, Arjan van Leeuwen wrote:
> > On Monday 28 October 2002 22:42, Derek Barrett wrote:
> > > I feel that FreeBSD desparately needs to update its case studies.
> > I'm currently working (with the support and cooperation of some other people)
> > on a FreeBSD PR site, as discussed earlier here on -advocacy, which will
> > debut (hopefully) on Wednesday. We could do something like this on the site -
> > keep things on one site to make things simpler :). What do you think?

If you check the archives, you'll see that we had developed a list of
things to do, including case studies, comparison charts, and so on.
Unfortunately my wife relapsed, so I ran out of time to push this.

Someone could go in the archives, dig up that to-do list, clean it up,
and post it.

To-do-list item #1:

Someone needs to take ownership of the to-do list, even on a temporary
basis.  Post it regularly.  Become the advocacy coordinator.  You do
not need a commit bit to do this, just willingness and a few hours a
week.  Lots of people want to know what they can do to help; answer
them!

If anyone actually *needs* a committer, I'll commit.  But a commit bit
is not necessary for this work.  (And see the archives for my offer of
a commit bit, which still stands.)

> If anyone is interested in helping out, please let me, Arjan or
> Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org> know or just post to
> -advocacy.  Keep watching -advocacy for related posts.

Actually, I'd say talk on the mailing list.  Right here.

When discussion is public, people join in.  They get excited.  They
help.  Advocacy is public.  Be public.

(Also, I'm a bottleneck, even if Joe and Arjan are not.  :-)

==ml

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/q/Big_Scary_Daemons