Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2000 11:34:18 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Zhenhai Duan <duan@cs.umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing NFS.

Hi,

I have NFS server runing on a Redhat 6.1 system, and want to make
a Freebsd system to be a client. I configured sucessfully with FreeBSD 4.1
but failed on both FreeBSD 3.3 and 3.4. The message that was printed out
at the system booting time is:

can not get net it for host.

However, if I do a

mount -a

after the system is booted, all the NFS systems are mounted sucessfully
from the server to the client. Can anyone give me some ideas?

BTW, thanks for all the helps on installing multiple FreeBSDs. Yes, the
reason I need to put multiple Freebsds into one slice is that I need to
install 4 OS onto the machine which I only have one 40G disk so I need
somehow overcome the 1024 cylinders limition. I have installed
3 Freebsd sucessfully into one slice. The only boring thing is that I need
to type which partition/loader to go when I boot the machine, do not know
if there is a better way.

 --Zhenhai