Date:      Sun, 28 May 2006 21:10:44 -0700
From:      Aaron Holmes <aaron@aaronholmes.net>
To:        Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Marwan Sultan <dead_line@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: PHP viewing in local brwoser.

Kevin Kinsey wrote:
> Marwan Sultan wrote:
>> Hello Gurus,
>>
>>  I'm On FreeBSD 6.1R, apache-2.2, php5, installed plus KDE3 latest
>> and mozilla.
>>  AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl .php   line is enabled in httpd.conf
>>
>>  basically, i'm learning php so im very new to it.
>>  I used Quanta/KDevelop to create my php file.
>>
>>  But from the local machine when i try to browse locally (using any
>> KDE browser) php file,
>>  return blank in the browser, and nothing shows!.
>>  the .pl extention is added to apache in the addhandler, so it should
>> excute,
>>

> PHP = "People Hate PERL" ... are you sure you don't want ".php"
> there?
>

>>  Any help please?
>>  If I create any .php using any editor, how do i see the result of
>> the file locally ?
>>  whats wrong?
>>
>>  Thank you
>>  Marwan

You can use the command line "php script.php" and it will execute it for
you. You can also open a browser and point it at your local webserver,
ie: "lynx localhost/dir/script.php"
Other than that, I do not believe there is a way to view the results of
your script, and it has to be passed through the php engine.