Date:      16 Jun 1998 16:03:19 -0400
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        Rob Miracle <rwm@tansoft.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AIC-7895  Onboard SCSI controller.

Rob Miracle <rwm@tansoft.com> writes:

> We got a new machine in this week with the AIC-7895 on board SCSI
> controller.  It sees the Seagate drive attached to it.  FreeBSD doesn't see
> the drive.
[...]
> This is a P2-400 mother board.  I assume  this 7895 is a new controller.
> I'm probably going to have to get a 2940 UW and put it in and hope it wont
> cause problems with that controller.

Do a search in -current for 7895.  The upshot is that you need the CAM
scsi driver.

+C

--
Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?
Please read this first: <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com        <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;