From:      "Alexey V. Neyman" <avn@any.ru>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   make release

Hello there!

I just read FAQ on making release and have one question. FAQ says I must
be having full CVS source tree (or be able to access it via CVSROOT), but
I'm behind modem connection. So I'm curious why it is not enough to have
a cvsupped src-all/doc-all/ports-all collections? And is there a way to
avoid loading CVS tree for making release and generate it from these
collections?

# Alexey

PS. The goal is to make a CD with a 5.0 snapshot to install it at home
(where I have no internet access) and keep it up-to-date by later burning
cvsuppable collections on a CD-RW at work.