Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 13:59:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), markm@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: We need to do an audit of our "crypto", both current and planned.

    What I would recommend is that you create a URL to a CGI on freefall
    which generates hotlinks to the various major sections.

    Does our web-cvs archive allow us to retrieve things by tag?  If so
    then the solution is trivial.  We simply have the CGI list the
    available releases as hotlinks, and go from there.  The accessor
    can then click on the release he is interested in and then click
    on the various crypto hotlinks that extract the appropriate relase
    from the CVS tree.

    Alternatively you can just have a URL that points into the current
    source tree (e.g. to the top level 'src' and 'crypto' directories).
    If the government complains you can always change it to be more specific
    later on.  I really doubt the government will care.  Certainly nothing
    drastic will happen if all the information is there but not specifically
    hotlinked (i.e. accessor must delve through the source tree, but the
    location of the major crypto stuff is obvious).

						-Matt