Date:      Sat, 08 Jan 2000 03:40:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      m <kamidesu@hotpop.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsdmall.com

> Does www.freebsdmall.com support the FreeBSD commitee in aid'ing the
> development & groth of FreeBSD? Or is it a company making money off of it
> only? Not that I don't like their stuff, because I already have tons. Not to

 The money goes to freebsd. AFAIK.

> awareness in the public eye, (ie, the not so nerdy people, & more media
> coverage) not just Linux... If you know what I mean? :)

 Linux is more for the desktop, freebsd is for more 'serious' work.
AFAIK.

 Therefore, you find freebsd on places like yahoo!, and linux at home,
therefore, from home to work in a lot of cases (UK for example).

The queen's site uses linux. Why? The webmaster tried it at home, loved
it, tested it, it worked fine, there it is.