Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:28:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Andrew J. Gregorowicz" <gregoroa@enc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trouble booting after install on ATA66

Hello,
I am currently trying to install FreeBSD 4.0 on my homebrew machine
which has an ABit BE6 motherboard and my only harddrive is a Quantum
Fireball Plus-KA 13G ATA/66.
I boot from CD and partition my drive (FreeBSD will co-exist with
WIn98.) I then let the BootMgr take everything over. I proceed with the
rest of the install (install basic software, configure X, etc...) I then
conclude the install and reboot.
When I reboot, I get the following menu:

--------

F1: DOS
F3: FreeBSD
Default: F1

--------

When I try to press F3 my system will simply produce a beep from the pc
speaker. Yet if I press F1 the system will immediatly boot into Windows.
Anyone have any clues on what I am doing wrong, or what I could do to
get into FreeBSD.

Thanks,

Andy
gregoroa@enc.edu