Date:      Mon, 5 May 2014 14:31:42 +0100
From:      RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jeremiah Twidwell <jeremiah.twidwell@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: A google searrch revealed something I did not send myself under my name. Please delete.

On Sun, 4 May 2014 18:09:56 -0700 (PDT)
Jeremiah Twidwell wrote:

> Sometimes I search my name just to see what junk people are putting
> under my name.=A0 I came across this ->
> The problem?=A0 I never said any of this,=20
> It's pretty sad that FreeBSD is willing to bash people's online names
> just to get a rise and a feeling of self-pleasure.=A0 What is really
> disgusting is it looks like you all fell for a very old trick likely
> from the hacking community.=A0 Pretty sad, guys.

This is an open public mailing list, whatever you found on Google is
just someone's archive of it. This particular list is completely open,
but the most that a public list could really do is check dkim
signatures to verify the account.

Perhaps someone did hijack your account and impersonate your prose
style to make you look silly, but this one is far more embarrassing
that the first.