Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2009 12:09:58 -0600
From:      Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey@goldmark.org>
To:        Seur Bors <seurbors@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail not listening on port 465

On Feb 17, 2009, at 3:41 PM, Seur Bors wrote:

> I'm having problems with Sendmail. Everything is working fine,
> except that
> the sendmail daemon is not listening on port 465. [...]

> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtps, Name=TLSMTA, M=s')dnl

You are aware that using port 465 was never fully a standard is, at
best, deprecated.

Your daemon options say to use port "smtps", check to see whether that
is defined in /etc/services
and see what happens if you replace Port=smtps with Port=465

But do reconsider whether you need to be listening on 465 in the first
place.  You can (and should) simply use TLS on the submission port, 587.

-j