Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 1999 08:46:27 -0400
From:      "Dongre, Prashant" <ppd2@co.westchester.ny.us>
To:        "'remco@scc.nl'" <remco@scc.nl>
Cc:        "'freebsd-database@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-database@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: freebsd oracle linux

-----Original Message-----
From: Remco Moolenaar [mailto:remco@scc.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 1999 2:12 AM
To: database@FreeBSD.ORG

"Dongre, Prashant" wrote:

> Hi Again,
>
> I have already taken all the steps provided on your web page.
> But my problem is in orainst.
>
> orainst - shell script.
> orainst.cm - Linux executable run by the above shell script.
> unix.stp - Script read in by the above and processes
>                 Unix commands, defined in the 'unix.stp' spawned out of
> orainst.cm.

Could you tell us what version you have for:
- FreeBSD
- Oracle DBMS
- Linux ports you've installed

Did you created the oracle account with the dba group?

Some questions to start with.
------------------------------
Hi,
Thanks for your reply!

Here are answers for your query.

Freebsd 3.2
Oracle 8.0.5 Enterprise edition

Following Linus packages...
linux_kdump-1.0     Linux-compatability ktrace.out processor.
linux_lib-2.6.1     These are the libraries necessary for linux
compatibility.
linux_devel-0.2     Linux cross development package
rpm-2.5.5           The Red Hat Package Manager

And, Yes, I did create user 'oracle' and group 'dba'

Thanks in Advance.