Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 22:20:36 -0500
From:      Jud <Jud@operamail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jtonsing@operamail.com
Subject:   Newbie: XFree86-4 and Permissions

I've been fiddling with FBSD, my first Unix, for a few months now, but it's
just fiddling - I'm still a rank newbie.  I imagine this one's been asked
before, but I can't seem to find it.

Finally got XF86-4.0.2 installed and working after lots of trial and error.
Now I can't ppp except as root.  When I try I'm told that /etc/ppp/ppp.conf
can't be found when of course it exists, I'm just not permitted to "see" it as
a regular user.

If someone will either tell me how to get my permissions set up properly or
point me to a good reference where I can find out for myself, it would be very
much appreciated.

Jud