Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 00:10:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Midnight Commander

Dan Nelson wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
 > I think it's becuase 'mc' is too close to 'mv'.  I have midc symlinked
 > to mc, and I accidentally start up mc at least twice a week because I
 > slip when I type 'mv'.

Yep, happens to me, too.  So I made a shell alias mc -> mv
(I don't use/have/like Midnight Commander).

I also sometimes accidentally type "mf" when I want mv, and
then I end up being in TeX's MetaFont...  Should make this
an alias, too, since I never start MetaFont manually anyway.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)