Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 2000 01:47:28 +1000
From:      Carl Makin <carl@stagecraft.cx>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   i810 graphics card locks up 4.1-RELEASE box.

Hi,
I'm trying to get XFree86 v4.0.1 to talk to an i810 graphics chipset on a
Gigabyte motherboard.  I've compiled the agp module statically into the kernel
and installed Xfree86 4.0.1 from the latest XFree86-4 port.

This is on a FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE box, but I'm sending this message to -stable
as the agp module doesn't seem to have changed since -RELEASE came out.

When I run X or startx, X seems to start ok, I see the normal X startup stuff
flash pass the screen and then the screen goes blank and the box locks up.
Can't telnet to it (but can ping it).

I have dmesg output, XFree86.0.log output and the XF86Config file if anyone
would like to see them.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is or what my next debugging step would
be?  (I suspect that would be trying gdb :(.  If so what should I look for?)

Carl.