Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 1996 21:36:10 +0100
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (Veggy Vinny)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: ncrcontrol in -current

Veggy Vinny writes:

> On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, J Wunsch wrote:
>
> > As Veggy Vinny wrote:
> >
> > > 	the ncrcontrol program seems to not work in -current after I
> > > rebuilt the binary just to confirm this.
> > >
> > > root@bigbang [4:07pm] [~]>> ncrcontrol
> > >
> > > ncrcontrol: incompatible with kernel. Rebuild!
> >
> > Mine is working.  Both, /kernel and /usr/sbin/ncrcontrol are dated
> > Oct 28.
>
> 	Mines are dated November 3.

The reason for a mismatch (if both ncrcontrol and the kernel
were in fact built from corresponding sources) is that you
specified some kernel config option (i.e. the maximum number
of LUNs or TAGs) that have not become visible to the build
process for ncrcontrol.

So, please add those kernel options to the ncrcontrol Makefile
and rebuilt ncrcontrol, if that might be the cause of your
problem.

I'm going to make ncrcontrol find all the parameters by some
other means (not from compile time options, that is :), but
this is not on top of my ToDo list ...

Rgeards, STefan