Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2013 01:11:16 -0800
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Plugging out Microsoft Nano Tranceiver (USB mouse) causes PS2 keyboard to cease functioning

On 01/14/2013 23:12, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> The problem is that the Nano transceiver also provides a keyboard, which is
> set as default.
>
> See /etc/devd.conf and:
>
> # When a USB keyboard arrives, attach it as the console keyboard.
> attach 100 {
>          device-name "ukbd0";
>          action "/etc/rc.d/syscons setkeyboard /dev/ukbd0";
> };
> detach 100 {
>          device-name "ukbd0";
>          action "/etc/rc.d/syscons setkeyboard /dev/kbd0";
> };
>
> Which probably should be updated.

These directives look quite crude.
device-name "ukbd0"; should probably be device-name "ukbd[0-9]+";
Also why kbd0 is taken as new default after ukbd disconnect?
Replacing kbd0 with kbd1 there didn't fix the problem though as I expected.

Following /etc/rc.d/sysconsit looks like in my case "/etc/rc.d/syscons
setkeyboard /dev/ukbd0" doesn't do anything, since "kbdcontrol -k ${kbd}
< ${kbddev}" is only called when there is no kbdmux.

Here is another problem:
In the presence of mouse, this command doesn't show ukbd0 attached to
kbdmux:
# kbdcontrol -i < /dev/ttyv0
kbd1:
     kbdmux0, type:AT 101/102 (2)

Also it looks like the keyboard provided by mouse isn't working. Mouse
keyboard only has 2 buttons, by default Page-Up and Page-Down and these
events are never triggered.
Trying to attach it manually, following kbdcontrol(1), I get this error:
# kbdcontrol -a ukbd0 < /dev/kbdmux0
su: /dev/kbdmux0: Device busy

Who is normally supposed to connect ukbd to kbdmux?

Yuri