Date:      Sat, 16 May 2015 18:11:52 -0400
From:      Cary <lists@flederma.us>
To:        andrew clarke <mail@ozzmosis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: configure cannot find header file

On 05/16/2015 18:01, andrew clarke wrote:
> On Sat 2015-05-16 17:24:54 UTC-0400, Cary (lists@flederma.us) wrote:
>
>> I've downloaded HomeBank 5.0.2[1] source tarball and am trying to
>> compile it.
>>
>> The configure step gives me the following warning:
>> =========
>> % ./configure
>> [snip generic configure stuff]
>>
>> homebank 5.0.2
>>
>> Compiler................ : cc
>> Build with OFX support.. : yes
>> ........................ : **error** libofx header is missing, ofx
>> feature will be disabled. Check your libofx installation
>
> HomeBank is already in Ports. Is there a reason you want to build it
> "manually"?

The version in ports/pgks is 4.6.1, released in June 2014. I've been
running it for the past several weeks and have run into several issues
which have made the application less useful to me, specifically the
future transaction projections and the report functionality. I want to
try running a more current version to see if the issues have been
resolved over the past year.

> Anyway, just for kicks, using /usr/ports/finance/homebank/Makefile as
> a guide, and after installing intltool and libofx, I was able to build
> it with:
>
> $ ./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib

This works for me, also. Thank you very much.  I'll dig into these flags
a bit more.

> $ gmake
>
> Regards
> Andrew