Date:      Tue, 2 Feb 1999 13:41:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Xmgr and Xbae Ports

I am trying to install xmgr from the ports onto a fresh install of
2.2.8. However, I get the following,

# make
===>  Extracting for xmgr-4.1.1
>> Checksum OK for xmgr-4.1.1.tar.gz.
===>   xmgr-4.1.1 depends on file: /usr/X11R6/lib/libhlpclient.a - not found
===>    Verifying install for /usr/X11R6/lib/libhlpclient.a in /usr/ports/x11/libhelp
===>  libhelp-1.8.1 requires Motif.
===>   Returning to build of xmgr-4.1.1
===>   xmgr-4.1.1 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/libmfhdf.a - found
===>   xmgr-4.1.1 depends on shared library: Xbae.6 - not found
===>    Verifying install for Xbae.6 in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/xbae
===>  xbae-4.6.2 requires Motif.
===>   Returning to build of xmgr-4.1.1
Error: shared library "Xbae.6" does not exist
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
#

I find this quite odd since I have installed xmgr on other FreeBSD
systems without a hitch. As stated, the system I am trying to install
on has no /usr/X11R6/lib/libXbae* files, while the systems that have
not had trouble _do_ have some. None of the systems have Motif.

Where do I get these libraries? Why does this system not have it and
the others do? Is it due to the fact this one has a different video
card? Or because the new one is 2.2.8 and the others 2.2.7? But I could
not find the Xbae libraries on ftp.freebsd.org or my old 2.2.7 CDROMs.

In the end, I'd just like to get xmgr running on this system. Thanks
for any insight.