Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 17:01:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2.7 aout-to-elf note

Hi .. I've been trying to get a 2.2.7 box upgraded to 3.0-ELF for about a
week now, and have been putting up with the tree breakage since then.

While it was building today (finally, yay!) I noticed the perl build
complaining about not finding /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1, which obviously
doesn't exist in 2.2.7.  Something (the linker?) blows up with an 'Abort
trap' then make mentions

Error (probably harmless): could not find library -perl

Or something similar.

Someone made make ignore this, since this was a show-stopper on Friday.

This was supped about noon local time today.

FYI.

Doug White