Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2007 22:31:06 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Craig Boston <craig@xfoil.gank.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS - quick start.

--2FkSFaIQeDFoAt0B

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 03:22:05PM -0500, Craig Boston wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 11:43:25PM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> > 	# zfs set sharenfs=3Don tank/music
>=20
> Ok, sorry to bug again, but does this actually work or is it still an
> upcoming feature?
>=20
> I tried setting sharenfs=3Don just to see and it didn't seem to have any
> effect that I could tell.

You need to run mountd(8) with two exports(5) files, like:

	# mountd /etc/exports /etc/zfs/exports

If you have zfs_enable=3D"YES" in your /etc/rc.conf, mountd will
automatically pick /etc/zfs/exports up.

> Is this NFSv4 or v3?  Does ZFS have its own nfs server or does it
> depend on having all the rpc stuff running?

There is no magic, 'zfs sharenfs=3Don' will just add an entry to
/etc/zfs/exports and send SIGHUP to mountd.

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--2FkSFaIQeDFoAt0B

--2FkSFaIQeDFoAt0B--