Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 2001 16:04:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      Maciuszonek Artur <ummacius@cc.UManitoba.CA>
To:        Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Mobile <FreeBSD-Mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xircom Ceditcard Ethernet

Sorr for the repost to both groups I would like everyone to see this who
has been following this one.....:)

Yes thank you the card works now. I've renamed ifconfig_xe0 to
pccard_config and set it's value to DHCP.  I have also experimented with
the pccard_falgs="-z" option in the rc.conf file but I still get the
watchdog timeout no matter what.  The boot process does not pause for the
card to be ready.  I do get the dhcp stuff all over my login and password
field entries before I even touch the keyboard on the laptop.  The card is
set to irq 10 which in the dmesg is only used by the xircom card. Even
when the machine had windows on it that irq was open to use.

Hmm my only question now is that I like the concept of waiting for the
card to initialize before the boot up process continues, is there any
particular place in rc.conf I should place the
pccard_flags="-z" parameter?

Thank you all gentlemen and ladies who have helped me out.