Date:      Tue, 06 May 2014 16:05:18 -0400
From:      Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>
To:        questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>, jails@freebsd.org
Subject:   bootstrapping  /usr/sbin/pkg inside a jail

On a fresh install from iso cd I get this

/root >/usr/sbin/pkg
The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: y
Bootstrapping pkg from
pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:32/latest, please wait...
Verifying signature with trusted certificate
pkg.freebsd.org.2013102301... done
Installing pkg-1.2.7_2... done
If you are upgrading from the old package format, first run:

But after starting a jail and issuing the same command I get this

jexec dir23 tcsh
dir23 /root >/usr/sbin/pkg
The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: y
Bootstrapping pkg from
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-current/Latest/,
please wait...
pkg: Error fetching
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-current/Latest//Latest/pkg.txz:
File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
A pre-built version of pkg could not be found for your system.
Consider changing PACKAGESITE or installing it from ports

Why 2 different URL's?
 From inside of a jail how do I install pkg?