Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 96 14:05:46 EDT
From:      jeff@stat.uconn.edu (Jeffrey M. Metcalf)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Pro Audio Spectrum SCSI and tape drives

Hello,

I recently bought a Pro Audio Studio card with SCSI host controller
with the intention of attaching a SCSI tape drive.  I was under the
impression that since FreeBSD had support for the Pro Audio Spectrum
family of SCSI controllers, and that SCSI based hardware was very standard,
that I would have no problem attaching a SCSI tape drive to my sound card.
However, I have heard from two sources (including a Walnut Creek CDROM flyer)
that the SCSI host adapter on Pro Audio Spectrum cards are only for CDROMs.
I already have an IDE CDROM working fone with FreeBSD.

Does anybody know of quality tape drives that work with my SCSI adapter?

Thanks,

JM