Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 21:25:03 -0800
From:      Justin Johns <winter@quiddity.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   PC-Card modem problem

I'm currently running 2.2.5-STABLE as of today and I'm having problems getting
my PCMCIA modem to be recognized.  My laptop is a Toshiba Tecra 700CT and I
have a 3C389C ethernet card and a XJ2288 modem card.  I've tried various
configurations for the modem card to no avail.  I think this may be related to
how the laptop handles serial ports because not even one of them is recognized
by the kernel and one port happens to be an IR port.  I've got PCMCIA modems to
work before using the PAO patches, but only barely.  Does anyone have any input
or suggestions for my problem?  Thanks.

--
Justin Johns (winter@quiddity.org)
PGP key: http://flag.blackened.net/winter/pgpkey.txt