Date:      Tue, 30 May 2006 19:32:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jon Falconer <jfalconer@puc.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   transfer speed of USB on a Dell PE2650

Greetings,

I thought that an external USB hard drive would make a good backup device.
So I did some trial file copies. Even though the servers USB ports are
USB2.0 and the hard drive enclosure is USB2.0 I was getting a little less
than 1MByte per second of throughput. I do have the ehci device as well as
uhci and ohci configured into the kernel. But looking at the boot messages
I do not see that it finds an ehci device, only an ohci.

Has anyone gotten a full USB2.0 throughput on Dell PowerEdge server
hardware?

Thanks,

Jon