Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 02:40:58 +0900
From:      NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>
To:        mike@smith.net.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro <sanpei@sanpei.org>
Subject:   Re: PAO Integration?

>   PAO's assign_io function in pccardd/cardd.c has related code but
> it's comment is ``XXX -- dirty hack for some 'ed' cards that have
> incomplete iomem CIS tupples.''
>   But FreeBSD-current's assign_io function does not have it.

This PAO enhancement is dirty hack, but some PC-Card has these
broken CIS. So, we need it.

Another problem, some PC-Card has non-ascii charactor in CIS
Version 1 info. So, -current pccardd can't match pccard.conf of
this card. PAO enhace pccardd, can use regex in pccard.conf.

I think, "PAO is not best answer. But it is necessary."

Is PAO Integration necessary? Yes, some PAO enhancement is very
useful and needs in some case. Some patch of PAO, it shuld be
merge to -current.

--
NAKAGAWA, Yoshihisa
	y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp