Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 10:10:05 +0000
From:      lars.falch@dbergstrom.dk
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Installation?

Hi There,

I am very interested in installing the latest version of
FreeBSD, since I am most likely to start running a
non-commercial web server.

But I have a couple of questions, which I hope that you guys
can answer ..

I am going to download the installation files via FTP, and then
install the system from an ms-dos partition - but I am unsure
of which directory I should download, because I noticed that if
I download the entire 2.1.17-RELEASE directory I would get the
same files several times?

So which dirs should I download for a complete installation
from an ms-dos based partition?

And the latest version is 2.1.17, right? I am not interested in
beta-code.

I have some experience with Linux (mostly slackware
distributions), so I hope that the step to FreeBSD isn't that
big - and the FreeBSD distribution comes with complete XFree86,
right?

I know that I could probably find answers for most of these
questions in the several readme-files, but unfortunetaly I
don't really have the time here at work. So ..

Thanks in advance,

Lars

                        \\\|///
                      \\  - -  //
                       (  @ @  )
| Lars Falch                       webmaster@dbergstrom.dk |
| Supporter                       http://www.dbergstrom.dk |
                      oooO     (   )
                       \_)

  "Whoever controls what you see controls what you think."