Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 12:18:22 -0500
From:      Chris Cuzner <ccuzner@targetnet.com>
To:        "Douglas A. Maske" <maske@maske.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, charlie@infoworks.net, lebel@lebel.org, drosih@rpi.edu, jonas.bulow@servicefactory.se
Subject:   Re: IBM Thinkpad T20 ISSUE!!!!

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/11/29/1855248&mode=thread

The actual IBM support link is now 404ing, but there are some good threads on that slashdot post.

* Douglas A. Maske (maske@maske.org) [001205 11:34]:

> Hello,
> 	A number of people have had problems with not being able to access
> their FreeBSD partition after they install on a Thinkpad T20.  Well way
> back when FreeBSD registered partition type 165 all was good until
> recently.  IBM decided to make 165 standby mode by bios default on some
> laptops.  I dont' know of a work around right now but I thought I would
> inform people why this happens.  I am currently using OpenBSD but miss
> FreeBSD on my mobile.
>
> Thanks,
> Doug

Chris Cuzner			  		  ccuzner(at)targetnet(dot)com
FreeBSD Systems Administrator				      416/306.0466x916
TargetNet Inc.					      http://www.targetnet.com