Date:      15 Nov 2000 18:16:40 +0100
From:      Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
To:        <janb@cs.utep.edu>
Cc:        Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
Subject:   Re: how can I run utilities at idle time?

>>>>> "j" == janb  <janb@cs.utep.edu> writes:

 j> I would like to run a cron type service, but the utilities run from this
 j> servic (updating the locate database, for example) should only take up
 j> idle time on the computer. Does anybody know how to do this?

This sounds more like a -questions topic to me, see
http://www.se.freebsd.org/handbook/eresources.html for details.

Anyway, depending on your definition of "idle", a good way, at least
in FreeBSD which have a good sheduler and a good VM system, is to
simply run the task nice(1).

--
Rasmus Kaj ------------------------ rasmus@kaj.se - http://Raditex.se/~kaj/
 \                                       If you're happy, you're successful