Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 1996 13:23:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Branson Matheson <ebm@visi.net>
To:        leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com (Marty Leisner)
Cc:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu, mikebo@tellabs.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sun automounter -> AMD conversion

> There's some scripts around to do it...
>
> What would be far more useful is native emulation of the sun automounter
> (i.e. which can accept nis maps...)

 Ummm.... amd _can_ use nis maps. consider:
 /usr/etc/amd -r -d larc.nasa.gov -l syslog -x noinfo -y south /ump amd.ump

  where:

   -d is the domain
   -l is the loggin facility
   -x is the loggin level
   -y is the ypdomain
   /ump is the mountpint ( Universal Mount Point )
   amd.ump is the nis propegated map.

 We have been using this for quite some time and it works very well. One
 note... do NOT put the full path to the amd map. it will confuse things.

  -branson

branson matheson       Public: ebm@visi.net
		               http://visi.net/~ebm/
system administrator    No work address yet. Moving to Ferguson
			Enterprises. Please send all mail to the above.