Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 13:32:19 -0300
From:      lioux@uol.com.br
To:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        lioux@uol.com.br, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bsd.port.mk CONFIGURE_WRKDIR proposal

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 12:27:29AM -0700, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:

>  * 	Enough crap. I am submitting CONFIGURE_WRKDIR. This new
>  * VAR replaces WRKSRC as the directory the configure target changes
>  * (cd) to before running.
>  * 	For several PORTS (hugs, and soon to be ACE, just to name
>  * a few), this is necessary and has been acomplished with the use of
>  * configure SCRIPTDIR scripts and do-configure targets.
>
> That sounds fine, but I'd rather call it CONFIGURE_WRKSRC, since,
> well, it replaces WRKSRC and not WRKDIR. :)

	I have no objections. Since, well, you are the
Mk maintainer and you have much more experience than me.
	However, is SRC semantically better suited than DIR?
	Please, don't throw any stones, only peebles. This
is my first major change and I would like it to go just
right.
	Bottom of line, though, is that it is your call.
I'll abide to anything you choose.
	(wink) Just do it in the next few days so that I can
enjoy using it. HEheheh
	Should I write any explanatory notes or will you?
For the Mk I mean.

>  * (hugs) to illustrate the new use (to be sincere, it is a patch,
>
> [warning: unbalanced parentheses :]

	Should check my builtin parser, or begin outsourcing. :)

	Regards,
		Mario Ferreira