Date:      Sat, 07 Dec 1996 11:19:55 +0800
From:      wk <wkchow@netvigator.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.1.5 cannot detect my CR-562 CDROM

Dear Sir,
I have been trying to install FreeBSD 2.1.5 from CDROM to my IDE
harddisk, but the bootdisk cannot detect my Panasonic CR-562-B CRROM
(with Creative SoundBlaster 16 sound card).  I have tried the following
combination with UserConfig (by keyin -c at BOOT, and change the device
config.), but all fail - No CDROM devices detected, DEBUG errno 2.
Please advise/help.
Combinations attempted :
(I use matcdc0, since system reports no such device when I use matcd0):
1. port 0x220, port 0x230, port -1 (ie 0xFFFFFF)
2. irq -1, irq 5
3. drq -1, drq 5
With all possible combinations of 1. 2. and 3. above.
Many thanks.