Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 14:46:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@lucy.bedford.net>
To:        jef53313@bayou.uh.edu
Cc:        djv@bedford.net, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem in time.h?

Jonathan Fosburgh wrote
> OK, I'm an idiot, just saw I didn't include the attachment, so here it is
> on this one.

You should have. Took me a while to figure out what was going on.
The plplot port is set up for older versions of tcl and tk.

Fix /usr/include/time.h back to its original state. It's clearly not the
problem.

> > The output from make for this file the made the original include is
> > attached. In order to activate this file, I had to add the directories
> > /usr/local/include/tcl8.0 and /usr/local/include/tk8.0 to the configure

Right.

> > looks for tcl.h and tk.h, respectively. Also, there are sections where it

Yeah, from old versions of tcl and tk.

> > looks for libtcl and tibtk, files which I do not have and substitutes for
> > which I cannot find. These I had to enable manually. If you need to see
> > anymore I will make them available.

They appear in the "new" places for tk/tcl, i.e. with a version number
like libtcl80.a or somesuch.  I used symbolic links to get it to work.

> >> Checksum OK for plplot4p99j.tar.gz.
> ===>  Building for plplot-4.99j
> cd tmp; make default
> gcc -traditional -c -O -DDOUBLE    -O  -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/include/tcl8.0 -I/usr/local/include/tk8.0 tcpip.c
> In file included from tcpip.c:133:
> /usr/include/math.h:195: warning: conflicting types for built-in function `cosf'
>
> ... etc
> '
> In file included from /usr/include/sys/time.h:139,
>                  from /usr/include/sys/stat.h:51,
>                  from tcpip.c:146:
> /usr/include/time.h:115: syntax error before `char'

Curious.  I was able to get through the error you cite by removing the
-traditional flag from "configure".

Then I wedged at :

gcc -c -O -pipe -m486 -DDOUBLE    -O  -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/tcl -I/usr/local/include/tk8.0 tclMain.c
tclMain.c: In function `pltclMain':
tclMain.c:247: `tcl_AsyncReady' undeclared (first use this function)
tclMain.c:247: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
tclMain.c:247: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

I think you're being told to install a version of tcl/tk that plplot
was originally compiled with; it seems these are tcl7.3 and tk3.6

Dave
--
               --== Things that suck: mowing the lawn  ==--