Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:33:51 +0100 (MET)
From:      Emmanuel DELOGET <pixel@DotCom.FR>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SNMP devlmp with sysctl

I'm sorry to disturb you.

This mail was post to freebsd-net (this may be an error, since
I did not get any response... but nobody may be instersted).

I want to know if a kernel-level SNMP is planned .

Notice that I've allready read the discussions about
sysctl and SNMP in the mail archives. The things I thought about
was not related to this stuff (well, not really related to...).

Since SNMP is generally used in statis network elements (nasty
things that does not require to be rebuild each day), it may be
a good idea to replace the current sysctl tree by a new,
SNMP-compliant one. This may need a more evolutive way to
specify new sysctl entries (a kind of source code generator
could be helpful).

I'm currenlty working on this stuff, but I want to know if
someone has allready do the same.

--
                                          Communication Numerique