Date:      Sun, 14 May 2000 15:22:52 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
Cc:        se@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: wine-99.11.14

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 03:42:20PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> Please consider updating that port to the next (not the current, but
> the one that will be released on Monday, or so) version of Wine.

Please look at the patches I made to this port and sent to -ports about a
week or two ago, let me know if it works on the current version or not, so
it'll be easier to upgrade.

> With the addition of just one single-line patch that I submitted just
> an hour ago, the CVS version of Wine builds and runs on FreeBSD 3.4
> without problems.

Ooh, nice.

> Most of the patches in the port, apart from those affecting FreeBSD
> itselfs, should be either obsolete or submitted to the Wine folks
> (i.e., Alexandre Julliard <julliard@lrc.epfl.ch>).

Submit them yourself.  Do you want to maintain this port?  ;-)

> Note that Alexandre usually integrated my patches within a few days,
> so that won't be a wasted effort!

Then you must be the maintainer; for, you're quite FreeBSD's liaison. ;)

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>