Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 16:13:00 +0100 (MET)
From:      Thomas Neuhaus <neuhaus@folkwang.uni-essen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (bsd-question)
Subject:   Raid Controller Support

Hello everyone,

For some reason I need to set up a RAID system which does striping and
error-correction. (I guess this is RAID-5) and would like our
FreeBSD-box to host it. At the moment we still use 2.1.5 here. My questions
are:

Does any of the later versions (2.2?) of FreeBSD support RAID-COntrollers
like the Adaptec 3985?

If so, can we build a RAID5 system based on that controller and FreeBSD?
IŽd like FreeBSD to see just a huge disk of some 20 GB and have the
controller do the rest incl. error checking and signalling.

Does anybody have experience with a setup like that (or has or does know
about any other *working* configuration)?

Thanks in advance for any hints,

Thomas

 --
Thomas Neuhaus(neuhaus@folkwang.uni-essen.de) Phone (49)-201-4903-333
ICEM Institut fuer Computermusik und elektronische Medien