Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 1998 10:06:48 -0800 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@qcsn.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bouncing Email (fwd)

> > 	Thankyou, I was simply trying to simplify the process for people
> > on this list, as it is Freebsd-NEWBIES, not freebsd-yearsofexperience.
> > Perhaps I should have said, 'sending E-mail tends to be resource
> > intensive' I'm not blaming Sendmail for anything, it's a great piece of
> > software, though I understand even the author of it needs to rely on third
> > party referances as to how it works, because of how complicated the
> > program is.
>
> 	one step in moving from NEWBIES to yearsofexperience
> 	(as opposed to continualy repeating first year)
> 	is taking responsibility for one's own machine and
> 	one's own software configuration.....its a whole new
> 	world to those coming from "blue screen of death"
> 	and "reboot please".

	And perhaps another step would be the process of learning how to
do all this, or simply learning that it CAN be done. Once that process is
complete, or half complete, then you can talk to the system administrator
about taking such actions. After all, a user does not usually have access
to reconfigure UNIX machines of any flavor, beyond their own login shell.

					Rick