Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 19:44:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
Cc:        Mark Mayo <mark@hi-fi.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GIMP problems

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996, Eric L. Hernes wrote:

> Mark Mayo writes:
> >
> >Hi there, I was wondering if anyone is successfully using "The GIMP" on
> >2.2-augest-SNAP ?? I donwloaded their 2.2 binary dist. but it core dumps
> >on me with a "bad system call" as soon as I try to create a new file (the
> >button bar thing appears, but I can't do anything..) I also tried the 2.1
> >dist. and it does the same thing.
>
> bad system call?   Just a guess here, you don't have
> SYSV_{SHM,SEM,MSG} options in your kernel do you?
>
> I'm using:
> options         SYSVSHM
> options         SYSVSEM
> options         SYSVMSG
> options         SHMMAXPGS=4096
> options         "SHMSEG=128"

Whoops! Geeze, how did that get out of my kernel?! Sorry for the stupid
question, but I really didn't even think of this. Does the 2.2x kernel not
have these options by default? I was sure they were in my 2.1.5 machine by
default, and therefore didn't even look in 2.2....

Now, everthing works fine, and I'm quite impresses by 'The Gimp' . Very
neat piece of software. At last, I have a graphics program on my bsd box!

Thanx,
-mark

| Mark Mayo		mark@quickweb.com |
| C-Soft  	        www.quickweb.com  |
"To iterate is human, to recurse divine."
		- L. Peter Deutsch