Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 1996 13:31:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        Javier Martin Rueda <jmrueda@diatel.upm.es>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Driver for Intel EtherExpress Pro/10

On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, Javier Martin Rueda wrote:

> Hello.
>
> One week ago, more or less, I posted a message into this list saying that I
> had written a driver for the Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 network card, both for
> FreeBSD 2.1.5, and for FreeBSD 2.2. I also uploaded it to the incoming
> directory of ftp.freebsd.org, with name if_ex-961115.tar.gz-INDENTED.
>
> According to the handbook, when you do those things, someone will very likely
> contact you, but, so far, nobody has done that. So, I don't know if you have
> not seen it, if it is ok to include it in the source code tree, if I should do
> anything else, or what.
>
> Don't take this as an annoyment message. I know you probably are quite busy,
> so it's just to remind, in case it was skipped last time. :-)

I know I'd ceratinly be a happy camper to see this driver get
incorporated!! I have a few Intel cards lying in a drawer that I'd love to
be able to use. I'll grab the driver tonight, plop in the Intel card,
and see if
it works for me. -- I'm just a lame user though, you'll have to get the
attention of one of the 'commiters' for the driver to make it into the
main source tree.

-Mark

| Mark Mayo		  mark@quickweb.com       |
| RingZero Comp.  	  vinyl.quickweb.com/mark |
"To iterate is human, to recurse divine."
		- L. Peter Deutsch