Date:      06 Mar 1997 19:04:28 -0600
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weirdie with SLIP line seen here too...

> Strange, now I'm seeing that magic "bit pattern-o-death" that
> guarantees that the download of a given file over a slip line will
> always hang in a given place.  See if any of you fellow sufferers
> can download the following file:

I don't seem to have any problems.  fetch(1) sometimes pauses, but
the file eventually makes it here.  Plain old ftp(1) works great.

My connection goes through 11 hops from freefall (currently), and
the one hop on my end is a 28.8K ppp dialup.  Does this only happen
with SLIP, or with PPP as well?

It's interesting that the problem bytes are 0xc0.

--
Zach Heilig (zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com) | ALL unsolicited commercial email
Support bacteria -- it's the only         | is unwelcome.  I avoid dealing