Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 1996 08:57:45 GMT+0100
From:      "Kees Jan Koster" <Kees.Koster@nym.sc.philips.com>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SOYO SY-30F2 blues

> > I did ftp the 3.1.2e release for FreeBSD 2.1.0-release and played
[... personal nightmare omitted...]

> I have a diamond 2201 which I bought for a doz box I had to build.  It
> works well in doz95 (a few things purturb it, but it is doz!).
> I tried X 3.1.2e just for grins and also had trouble.  For me the problem
> was that xpm icons turned to grey mush, and the mouse was a large
> white square.  Can't remember for sure, but I believe there was a vertical
> strip in first 16 or so pixels at left of screen

Well, at least I know I'm not the only one. I bought this card
because it's smaller cousin _worked_. But your problem is not the
same. I have a normal mouse cursor and X is running flawless for a
few seconds, before the machine locks up. No white squares or strips.

Groetjes,
  Kees Jan