Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 16:57:43 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Mohacsi Janos <mohacsi@ik.bme.hu>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   why not use crypt() written by Kris Kennaway?

Hi,
	I saw the initative of Kris Kennaway to modify the password scheme
in the FreeBSD (integrated blowfish, SHA-1, and new DES).
What happened with it? In the CVS tree the SHA scheme marked dead. Why?
Is not possible to distribute FreeBSD with DES/Blowfish integrated since
the beginning of this year? Don't we want to mantain cross platform (at
least cross BSD) password schemes? In the FreeBSD 5.0?

Cheers,
	Janos Mohacsi