Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 21:46:32 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Lance Woodson <lance@woodson.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No PC-CARD Slots; Device Not Configured

In message <38CF0FDA.5652F5CF@woodson.com> Lance Woodson writes:
: If I comment out the irq line in /etc/pccard.conf, the slots are found
: during bootup.  However, if I try to configure the interface with
: ifconfig, the shell and console immediately lock up.  Any ideas?

That's odd.  pccard.conf isn't consulted until long after boot.  My
guess is that w/o irqs the pccardd gets confused and there's an
interrupt that is being generated that has not interrupt service
routine, so it gets called right away after the stray routine
returns.

Warner