Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 1997 16:03:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Tony Monroe <tmonroe@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3C589D?

On Wed, 8 Oct 1997, Tony Monroe wrote:

> If anything known to work with the 3Com 3C589D PCMCIA NIC under
> 2.2.2-RELEASE?  My first choice, the zp driver, failed.  My second
> choice, generic PCMCIA with pccardd and a suggestion in the sample
> pccard.conf, failed as well.  My third choice, hacking the
> driver...well, let's not discuss that :-)

Hm.  I've heard various success efforts with the zp driver on the D rev
card.  Yours may just be balky.

Try the PAO package at http://www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO/.

> If this little bugger doesn't work with 2.2.2-RELEASE, would anyone
> mind horribly if I donated a piece of hardware to the development
> effort?

3com should be shot for putting out these things; Win95 doesn't know about
them so we have to waste floppies passing them out to students so they can
use their new cards.  BUT, the install process doesn't explicitly ask for
the disk.  What a pain! :-(