Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 2004 01:27:16 GMT
From:      Dave Duchscher <daved@tamu.edu>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   docs/68746: Virtual hosts documentaion doesn't make clear issues with netmask on adding aliases.

>Number:         68746
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Virtual hosts documentaion doesn't make clear issues with netmask on adding aliases.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
      http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/configtuning-virtual-hosts.html

      IMHO, this document does make clear the subtle issues with netmasks when setting up aliases.  As you know, aliases on the same network as the primary interface need a netmask of  255.255.255.255.  The first alias on a different network needs the correct netmask.  Additional aliases need to have 255.255.255.255.  IMHO, I think this document should cover these subtle issues with netmasks in more detail.

       This PR was prompted by helping other system administrators on IRC.