Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 1995 15:38:44 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SATAN ported??

On Wed, 5 Apr 1995 bmk@dtr.com wrote:

> Someone please do - I tried compiling it using pretty much all the
> defaults and get:
>
> cc -c  -O  -I../.. -DLIBC="/usr/lib/libc.so.2.0"  DynaLoader.c
> DynaLoader.c: In function `XS_DynaLoader_dl_error':
> DynaLoader.c:20: array subscript is not an integer

    DynaLoader and the rest are optional modules to perl, as I
understand it.  I tried recompiling perl5001 with gcc 2.6.3 (from the
950322 snapshot) and something has definitely changed.  You'll have to
go into the source files for each extension module (located in the
ext/ directory) and replace all occurrences of (0.) with (0).  I'm in
the midst of recompiling, and everything links properly, but I have
yet to test it.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org