Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 1997 10:06:53 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au (Stephen McKay)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: disklabel -- owner?

> Yep, 'd' is dead (and not missed).  'c' is a bit of a left-over since the
> slice code went in, but it's Traditional.  Lots of code knows this. :-)
> Though, with a bit of effort we could get rid of its special purpose.

Er...

If you can point us at this "lots of code", then we can use it
instead of rewriting "disklabel", since the only serious use something
like that would have is as a replacement for disklabel.  I really
don't believe there's "lots of code" that knows about 'c'.  Or if
there is, it's old, so it also knows about 'd', right?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.