Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:21:00 -0500
From:      Bob Johnson <bobj@ufl.edu>
To:        darren@bmv.state.me.us, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: 4.2RC1 missing utils to create floppies

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:12:58 -0500 (EST)
> From: Darren Henderson <darren@bmv.state.me.us>
> Subject: 4.2RC1 missing utils to create floppies
>
> Perhaps I'm missing something. I just burned the iso for 4.2RC1 and I
> can not find fdimage.exe anywhere on the disk, nor can I find mkflp.bat.

This seems to be normal for Release Candidates.  They don't have the
MS-DOS utilities rolled in.  It should show up when the official Release
comes out.

I had exactly the same problem the first time I used a RC.

> This would be a tad frustraiting to a new user who needs to boot from the
> floppies and doesn't have an alternate way of picking them up....

A new user probably shouldn't be trying to beta test a Release Candidate,
although it is also true that the install process needs to be tested by
new users once in a while.